As 2016 comes to a close, I can honestly say that the best part of this year was music. Although we lost some great musicians and industry leaders, the work that came out never failed to bring me joy.
This post is going to be quick, and recap all the songs that I loved and highlighted a moment in time during this year. Not all these songs were released in 2016, however, but regardless they still impacted my year somehow.
Music is timeless, and even though a song might have been released before you were born, it could still be a new discovery to you and mean something to you in the present day.
Songs in order of most listened to and favorite:
- “Blood, Sweat, and Tears” by BTS (Kpop/Hip-Hop) 2016
- “All I Wanna Do (Ft. Hoody, Loco)” by Jay Park (Kpop/R&B/Soul) 2016
- “TOKI” by Da-iCE (Jpop/Pop) 2014
- “Don’t Worry About Me” by Frances (Singer/Songwriter) 2016
- “Taking Off” by One Ok Rock (Jrock/Rock) 2016 but album release is 2017
- “Poison & Wine” by The Civil Wars (Alternative) 2009
- “Youth” by Troye Sivan (Pop) 2015
- “Heads/Tails” by Hotspur (Alternative/Pop) 2009
- “Desperate (Ft. Tyler Carter)” by Boy Hero (Alternative Rock) 2016
- “The 7th Sense” by NCT U (Kpop/Hip-Hop) 2016
There you have it, my top 10 songs of 2016. Theses songs are ones that I have listened to the most throughout the year and have either shaped a moment in my life or highlighted a moment that means a lot to me.
There are some honorable mentions that I would like to point out. These songs, however, I did not hear until December because they were either released in December or they didn’t reach my ears until then.
- “I Was King”by One Ok Rock
- “Million Reasons” by Lady Gaga
- “The Runner and The Lover (ft. Shelby Merry)” by Formal Vandal
I will continue to add songs to the Fall/Winter playlist until Spring starts back up in 2017, so follow the playlist to stay up to date on what I’m listening too!
Stay rad and have a great new year,